The participants of the conference are welcome to attend the welcome get-together on the evening of April 27 as a warm-up event before the opening ceremony of the conference. The conference dinner will take place on April 28.
It could be said, that there is a narrow gap between science and art, so the participants of the conference are welcome to submit their science related artwork - photographs, drawings, funky (or not so funky) graphs or other forms - to the Best Scientific Picture Contest. The submitted pictures will be exhibited at the conference venue and the winner of the competition will be determined based on a vote from all attendees.
During the conference, the participants will have a chance to go on excursions around the research facilities of the LSIWC, and meet individually with the institute’s research staff.
- Laboratory of Wood Biodegradation and Protection: composite materials, fungi, solid wood-based materials, restoration
- Cellulose Laboratory: coatings, fiber materials, nanocellulose, paper
- Laboratory of Lignin Chemistry: antioxidants, fertilisers, fuel pellets, wood-polymer composites
- Biorefinery Laboratory: carbon materials, extractives, hydrolysis, platform chemicals, pre-treatment, pyrolysis, steam-explosion
- Laboratory of Bioengineering: bioreactors, fermentation, microbial biomass, microorganism cultivation modelling and control, product separation
- Polymer Laboratory: cryogenic insulation, polyurethanes, sustainable polyols from bio-based and recycled feedstock
- Liquid Chromatography Centre: mass spectrometry, preparative separation and purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis
You can find out more about the research topics of LSIWC here